perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Dr James Smith <...@sanger.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Future MPM Support?
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2018 11:03:12 GMT
No - because of the way it works it handles the request inside apache -
the worker/event systems work by handing the request back to another
process or processes in the background which handles the request and
then returns - which is where the problem lies in the fact that you are
effectively adding a proxy layer between the web-request and the actual
perl process...

It limits what you can do with Plack when it comes to handling aspects
of the request which are better handled outside the main response phase
{e.g. re-write, logging, cleanup etc} which limits functionality - most
people who just use response handlers do not see this issue. But we hook
into about 10 phases of the apache process ...