perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Ruben Safir <ru...@mrbrklyn.com>
Subject Re: Compiling with Apache 2.4
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2017 15:25:03 GMT
On 09/28/2017 11:21 AM, Matthias Schmitt wrote:
> Re-Hello, ...
>
>> I tried that with configure, make and sudo make install and it still
>> can't find it.  It is there under /usr/local/apr/
>>
>> Configuring Apache/2.4.27 mod_perl/2.0.10 Perl/v5.26.0
>> [  error] Can't find apr include/ directory,
>> [  error] use MP_APR_CONFIG=/path/to/apr-config
>>
>> I tried to point it to it and g perl Makefile.PL MP_USE_STATIC=1
>> MP_AP_PREFIX="/home/ruben/src/httpd-2.4.27"
>> MP_AP_CONFIGURE="--with-mpm=prefork --enable-load-all-modules"
>> MP_APR_CONFIG=/usr/local/apr/
>>
>> error
>> You need to pass either MP_AP_PREFIX or MP_APR_CONFIG, but not both
>
> This looks to me as you would be mixing Apache and mod_perl installation. Instead of
giving just another puzzle piece, it might be more helpful to you when I show you how I installed
Apache and mod_perl from the sources using customised paths. ‘MySourcePath’ and
‘MyHttpdPrefixPath’ present my local setup, so you need to adapt this to your
path structure.

> cd /MySourcePath/apr-1.6.2
> ./configure —prefix=/MyHttpdPrefixPath
> make
> make test
> make install
>
> cd /MySourcePath/apr-util-1.6.0
> ./configure --prefix=/MyHttpdPrefixPath --without-sqlite3 --with-apr=/MyHttpdPrefixPath
> make
> make test
> make install
>
> cd /MySourcePath/pcre-8.41
> ./configure --prefix=/MyHttpdPrefixPath
> make
> make test
> make install
>

> cd /MySourcePath/httpd-2.4.27
> ./configure --prefix=/MyHttpdPrefixPath --with-mpm=prefork --enable-mods-shared=all --enable-dav
--enable-rewrite --enable-ssl --enable-proxy --enable-proxy_http --enable-auth-digest --with-apr=/MyHttpdPrefixPath
--with-apr-util=/MyHttpdPrefixPath --with-pcre=/MyHttpdPrefixPath —with-ssl=/MySslPath
> (of course you might have different needs, so feel free to leave some options away)
> make
> make install
>

> cd /MySourcePath/mod_perl-2.0.10
> perl Makefile.PL MP_APR_CONFIG=/MyHttpdPrefixPath/bin/apr-1-config MP_APXS=/MyHttpdPrefixPath/bin/apxs
> make
> make test
> make install
>
> The test had shown minor problems here, but for my requirements all functions are working.
>
> I hope this offers you a more complete picture.
>
> Best regards
>
> Matthias Schmitt
>
> magic moving pixel s.a.
> 23, Avenue Grande-Duchesse Charlotte