perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Michael Schout <msch...@gkg.net>
Subject Re: Looking for solution to Apache2::AuthCookieDBI authentication on Apache > 2.4
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2016 13:34:44 GMT
On 8/24/16 7:40 AM, Tosh Cooey wrote:
> Hi, I've taken a stab at updating Apache2::AuthCookieDBI myself as per:
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~mschout/Apache-AuthCookie/README.apache-2.4.pod
>
> I've changed the parent of Apache2::AuthCookieDBI to
> Apache2_4::AuthCookie but that doesn't seem to work, even with the
> http.conf changes noted:

Hard to know what exactly doesn't work from what you've given us.  What
is in the error log for example?

>     PerlAddAuthzProvider user Apache2::AuthCookieDBI->authz_handler

You can remove this line.  apache provides a "user" authz handler
already.  You only need PerlAddAuthzProvider if you have required
something other than "user" or valid-user.

There is a new version of Apache2::AuthCookie that will hit CPAN later
today that addresses a few issues (notably, directory indexes were
broken under Apache 2.4), but that doesn't sound like what you have been
seeing.

--
Regards,
Michael Schout