perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Tosh Cooey <t...@1200group.com>
Subject Re: Looking for solution to Apache2::AuthCookieDBI authentication on Apache > 2.4
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2016 16:10:45 GMT
An FYI for others; the maintainer of Apache2::AuthCookieDBI replied to
me with:

"I have not done any work on the module in a long time, and don't feel I
will put in much in the near future. It might be time to pass on
maintenance of the module to someone else.

Among other issues I no longer regularly work in an environment where
this module is used so i have little or no easy way of field-testing it.

I would be more than happy to review pull request for changes submitted
on github though. The module is at:
	https://github.com/matisse/Apache-AuthCookieDBI
and you or someone else can fork it, make changes in the forked copy and
then submit a pull request for me to review and eventually merge. I will
then take care f publishing a new release on CPAN."

So I guess that's it, although I suspect the functionality of the moduel
can be replaced with a combination of mod_authn_dbd and mod_auth_form at
the Apache level. This still doesn't resolve my issues since I built
additional functionality on top of his module...

Tosh

PS. He gave permission to forward his mail.

--
McIntosh Cooey - Twelve Hundred Group LLC - http://www.1200group.com/