perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Adam Prime <adam.pr...@utoronto.ca>
Subject Re: which framework is best suitable for modperl?
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2016 14:39:39 GMT
On 16-07-19 11:55 PM, yhpeng@orange.fr wrote:
> Though I have written several handlers using mp2, but for further web
> development under modperl, what framework do you suggest to go with?
>
> (I have few experience on Dancer, which I don't think work together with
> MP).
>
> thanks.

Anything built on top of plack (including Dancer) can be run under
mod_perl using Plack::Handler::Apache2, so it's really up to whatever
your personal preference is.

docs on how to run Dancer under mod_perl can be found here:
http://search.cpan.org/dist/Dancer/lib/Dancer/Deployment.pod#Running_from_Apache_with_Plack

That said, any framework you use isn't *really* going to leverage
mod_perl, as they are all design to just run during the response phase
of the apache request processing cycle. It's through leveraging that the
mod_perl's power really shines. You can read more about what I'm talking
about here:

https://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/handlers/http.html

Adam