perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Steven Lembark <lemb...@wrkhors.com>
Subject Re: which framework is best suitable for modperl?
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2016 15:04:53 GMT
On Wed, 20 Jul 2016 11:55:24 +0800
yhpeng@orange.fr wrote:

> Though I have written several handlers using mp2, but for further web
> development under modperl, what framework do you suggest to go with?

Q: What do you mean by "framework"?

> (I have few experience on Dancer, which I don't think work together
> with MP).

Frankly, you are better off with Plack and PSGI (a.k.a. Dancer,
Dancer2, twiggy, etc) than trying to embed anything into apache
with mod_perl. There are modules for converting mod_perl request
objects into plack, which simplifies all of your code and makes
debugging it a whole lot easier (since you can use perl -d
rather than dealing with mock apache objects).

If you have to run code w/in apache then try the PSGI interface:

<https://github.com/spiritloose/mod_psgi/>

You can test the code with perl -d and run it in anything from
twiggy to starman to apache when you are done.

--
Steven Lembark                                           3646 Flora Pl
Workhorse Computing                                 St Louis, MO 63110