perl-modperl mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: random token re-used in subsequent requests [SOLVED]
Date Tue, 31 May 2016 16:59:46 GMT
On 31.05.2016 18:40, Vincent Veyron wrote:
> On Fri, 27 May 2016 09:29:36 +0200
> André Warnier <aw@ice-sa.com> wrote:
>

>> The above strongly hints at some flaw in the srand() of perl, when called by a 32-bit
>> perl, on a 64-bit OS/machine.
>> Maybe it is worth passing this info along to the perl (language) developers, at www.perl.org
?

> Sorry for the delay getting back to you : since I wiped and re-installed the machine,
I created a virtual machine with a 32bit image, so that took a little time. And, guess what?
I can't reproduce the problem in the VM.

> Also, it only appeared in mod_perl, not perl.
>
> The bug may have to do with a cpan upgrade I did on the machine, that generated quite
a bit of errors, and messed my system somehow.

Thanks for the feedback.
But now you have a 32-bit machine + OS, and a 32-bit perl, right ?
The problem before happened on a 64-bit machine, with a 64-bit OS, but a 32-bit perl, no ?