perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Vincent Veyron <vv.li...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject Re: random token re-used in subsequent requests [SOLVED]
Date Tue, 31 May 2016 16:40:05 GMT
On Fri, 27 May 2016 09:29:36 +0200
André Warnier <aw@ice-sa.com> wrote:

> The above strongly hints at some flaw in the srand() of perl, when called by a 32-bit

> perl, on a 64-bit OS/machine.
> Maybe it is worth passing this info along to the perl (language) developers, at www.perl.org
?

Sorry for the delay getting back to you : since I wiped and re-installed the machine, I created
a virtual machine with a 32bit image, so that took a little time. And, guess what? I can't
reproduce the problem in the VM.

Also, it only appeared in mod_perl, not perl.

The bug may have to do with a cpan upgrade I did on the machine, that generated quite a bit
of errors, and messed my system somehow.

--
					Bien à vous, Vincent Veyron

https://compta.libremen.com
Logiciel libre de comptabilité générale