perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Xinhuan Zheng <xzh...@christianbook.com>
Subject Needs some clarification
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2015 00:36:51 GMT
Dear mod_perl list,

I have been trying to look through the mod_perl documentation to figure out some mod_perl
performance issues but I need some clarification on the following:

  1.  mod_perl as DSO vs statically compiled mod_perl with Apache httpd - other than large
memory footprint of the statically compiled mod_perl, what would be other disadvantages of
statically compiled mod_perl? If mod_perl is DSO, can it be shared by all Apache children
processes? Does the sharing work the same for mod_perl 1 and mod_perl 2?
  2.  cgi-bin scripts vs mod_perl handler - Does cgi-bin scripts get compiled per request
or just once? What about those mod_perl handler scripts? Is there difference between mod_perl
1 and mod_perl 2?

Thanks,
- xinhuan