perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Ashish Mukherjee <ashish.mukher...@gmail.com>
Subject Using mod_proxy through mod_perl
Date Mon, 21 Sep 2015 22:52:33 GMT
Hello,

I am attempting to build an application which allows people to login to my
site and thereafter, browse certain sites on a paid subscription basis.
These sites can only be browsed by going through our site as a  proxy,
similar to HideMe etc.

I tried using Apache mod_proxy but am facing a problem that HTTP 302 is not
followed by Apache and is sent back to the client/Browser.

Thereafter, I tried to write a mod_perl handler as described here -
http://foertsch.name/ModPerl-Tricks/using-modproxy-as-useragent.shtml.
Predictably, the issue is that since the response is returned to my perl
handler and not the Browser (the way a proxy is usually used), the other
assets (images, JS) don't show up on the Browser when I print the response
of my HTTP request to the origin site in my mod_perl handler.

Is there an easier way to solve this? Are there any commercial software
which achieve the same?

Regards,
Ashish