perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jie Gao <J....@sydney.edu.au>
Subject Re: Enquiry about mod_perl project state
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2015 00:31:25 GMT
Randal is absolutely right: the greatest advantage of mod_perl is a hook to every phase of
the Apache request processing, making it very powerful.

My impression is, though, that the Apache folks no longer like the idea of fully exposing
the internals of Apache, for reasons of security; but I may be wrongly impressed.

Mod_perl is as stable as Apache is, which is pretty stable.

>From a different perspective, Apache is a "victim" of its own success, and is evolving
slowly compared with other "new" developments, such as nginx. Nonetheless, the development
of the Apache h2 module for http2 is in full bloom. Not sure if mod_perl can catch up with
that.

Regards,

Jie