perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Fw: Perl Developer / Linux SysAdmin Opportunities in South Florida
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2015 22:51:14 GMT

      On Thursday, April 2, 2015 6:21 PM, Joe Schaefer <joe.schaefer@biotrackthc.com>
wrote:

 Bio-Tech Medical Software Inc. is expanding its South Florida HQ and is looking to grow its
small but skilled IT department to meet expected market demand for our products.   Our subsidiary,
BioTrackTHC, provides market leading seed-to-sale business software for the marijuana industry,
together with a comprehensive service offered to state regulators which provides each state
with transparency and oversight into each and every event in the regulated products' lifecycle.

We are looking for a few good candidates, who are willing to relocate to the Ft. Lauderdale
area, to fulfil the following two positions:

1) Developer - SQL/Perl

    We are looking for a few full-time Perl programmers to work with our existing team
to further
    develop and maintain our software projects.  The systems use a combination of

    * Perl
    * Gtk
    * SQL (postgresql)
    * FIX Protocol (financial industry experience a plus)
    * SSL
    * Our servers run Linux, business clients run Windows
    * Standard web technologies: HTML5, CSS, Javascript

2) System Administrator

    We are looking for a few full-time Linux System Administrators to work under my direction

    primarily in support of our per-state "traceability" contracts.  The contracts will
require some
    travel and on-call activity from each team member, and take advantage of the following

    technologies:

    * Slackware
    * Puppet
    * HA PostgreSQL
    * HA Apache httpd/mod_perl
    * Gtk based websockets
    * Standard web technologies: HTML5, CSS, Javascript

When replying to these postings, interested persons should include as much of the following
information as possible:

    * Resume / LinkedIn Profile
    * Desired Compensation
    * Sample code, preferably on github or similar open source code repository

To apply for a position simply reply to this email with the requisite information and please
specify
the job  (1 or 2) for which you are applying.You will note in particular that these are not
devops jobs.  There's a reason why product development is kept separate from operations activity,
fads of late notwithstanding.  We are looking for bright candidates who show potential to
learn quickly on the job within a collaborative, professional environment.  Breadth of experience
is less important to us than depth in a few key areas.

The company will offer new hires relocation subsidies, an employee stock program and potential
bonuses, health insurance, and a beautiful building location in central Ft. Lauderdale.
Check us out at https://www.biotrackthc.com/ !

--
Joe Schaefer, Ph.D.
Director of Information Technology