perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "David E. Wheeler" <da...@justatheory.com>
Subject Re: How Do I change the Document Root Per Request
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2015 17:52:11 GMT
On Mar 11, 2015, at 10:39 AM, Lathan Bidwell <lathan@andrews.edu> wrote:

> That is very curious. What was in path_info before? Is this a difference between undef
and ""? Because path_info shouldn't be involved in finding the file, unless Apache is configured
to ignore path info. And even that doesn't make sense because you weren't testing with /foo/bar.html/extra/pathinfo

If I requested /foo/bar/hi.html, filename would be /foo/bar and path_info would be /hi.html.
It might be that Apache decided to do something funky here because its map to storage handler
could not find $docroot/foo/bar/hi.html, and it’s only later that my PerlTypeHandler sets
the file to $docroot/$user/foo/bar/hi.html.

> You could also check how this directive affects the problem (whether it should be turned
off, or if your handler needs accept / deny the path info as with the 'default' argument:
> AcceptPathInfo On
> I found this on apache 2.4's docs: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/core.html#AcceptPathInfo

No idea, I’m loathe to mess with it anymore.

David