perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Michael Lackhoff <mich...@lackhoff.de>
Subject Re: Are there windows binaries for 5.20?
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2015 13:27:10 GMT
Am 17.02.2015 um 14:14 schrieb Steve Hay:

> You can't. The VC9 build of the mod_perl components are not compatible
> with StrawberryPerl, which is built with gcc and therefore uses a
> different CRT (msvcrt.dll vs msvcr90.dll).
>
> The 32-bit components that I've built before were built with VC6 in
> order to use the same CRT as StrawberryPerl/ActivePerl, but that's no
> longer an option since ActiveState only make 64-bit-int versions of
> their 32-bit ActivePerl available now and the 64-bit-int build option
> doesn't work with VC6 due to bugs in that ancient compiler. I can make
> a 32-bit-int VC6 perl myself, of course, but then the mod_perl
> components still won't match ActivePerl because of the 32/64-bit-int
> mismatch... That is why I've only made 64-bit versions available
> recently...
>
> And that's why I need to change mod_perl so that it can be built with gcc/dmake.
>
> (I asked ActiveState to consider making 32-bit-int versions available
> as well (like StrawberryPerl do), but they declined.)

But then it should be possible to build a 32-bit version with VC6 for
Strawberry, just not for Activestate? Or did I misunderstand your last
sentence?
Since I use Strawberry that would be fine with me. I think I even still
have VC6 around somewhere...

Or else -- given the uncertainty of predictions -- do you have an
estimation when you get into the gcc/dmake thing?

-Michael