perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Dr James Smith <...@sanger.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Perl + DBD-Oracle, problems with encoding when "PerlHandler Apache::Registry" is in use
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2014 10:24:51 GMT
On 23/11/2014 05:42, Ruben Safir wrote:
> did you ever get this worked out.
>
> I'm looking to use perl with my oracle set up.  Any tips would be
> appreciated.
I had similar problems Apache 2.2 with DBD::Oracle, after serious
debugging there
was a nasty environment variable issue - DBD::Oracle when first 'use'd
was not
finding the appropriate oracle environment variables, and consequently
wasn't
pulling in oracle defaults (and reading things like tnanames file) and
then caching
the broken values - subsequent 'use's were failing because it wasn't
reading the
oracle config from disk - but using it's own cached values from the
first "use"..

James
> Ruben
>

> On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 05:47:51PM +0700, michael kapelko wrote:
>> Hello.
>> Here's a short script I used to find out the problem with the Apache::Registry:
>>
>> #!/usr/bin/perl -wT
>> use strict;
>> use warnings;
>> use CGI;
>> use DBI;
>> use DBI qw(:sql_types);
>> use encoding 'utf-8';
>>
>> my $cgi = new CGI;
>> print $cgi->header(-type    => "text/html",
>>                    -charset => "utf-8");
>> print $cgi->start_html(-lang => "ru-RU",
>>                        -title => "Title");
>> print $cgi->h1("Title");
>> my $db = DBI->connect("DBI:Oracle:SID=ELTC;HOST=10.102.101.4",
>>                       <username>, <userpassword>, {RaiseError => 1,
>>                                                  AutoCommit => 0,
>>                                                  ora_charset => "UTF8"});
>> my $query = "select name from swmgr2.vw_switches where sw_id_ip =
>> 2315046666"; // Selects Russian "name" from DB in UTF-8, because on
>> the previouse line we asked Oracle to return data to us in UTF-8.
>> my $stmt = $db->prepare($query);
>> $stmt->execute();
>> my $name;
>> $stmt->bind_columns(undef, \$name);
>> $stmt->fetch();
>> $stmt->finish();
>> $db->disconnect();
>> print $cgi->p($name);
>> print $cgi->end_html();
>>
>> When invoked directly by the shell or in web page WITHOUT "PerlHandler
>> Apache::Registry", the UTF-8 encoded string in Russian is printed just
>> fine. But when "PerlHandler Apache::Registry" is used, only ???? are
>> printed in web page.
>> Thanks.
>>
>> .

---