perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Vincent Veyron <vv.li...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject Re: Disconnect database connection after idle timeout
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2014 22:29:05 GMT
On Thu, 13 Nov 2014 16:35:59 -0500
Perrin Harkins <pharkins@gmail.com> wrote:

> Keep in mind, neither of these work unless you call
> DBI->connect()/connect_cached() at the beginning of every request. You
> can't just keep a DBI handle stashed somewhere and expect that to work.

mmmmh... you're having me worried.

I stash a reference to a DBI handle in pnotes during the HeaderParser phase of my requests;
I then refer to this handle for every request in my PerlResponseHandlers.

This seems to have been working fine for several months. Am I doing something wrong?

--
					Regards, Vincent Veyron

https://libremen.com/
Legal case, contract and insurance claim management software