perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Patrick Powell <>
Subject Re: Apache 24 + mod_perl
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2014 00:27:15 GMT
On 08/06/14 14:34, olli hauer wrote:
> On 2014-08-06 22:45, Patrick Powell wrote:
>>> The httpd24 branch is obselete. It was used for the initial
>>> development of httpd-2.4 support, but was superseded by
>>> httpd24threading, and since then everything from both branches has
>>> been merged back to trunk.
>>> The current trunk is largely ready for a 2.0.9 release supporting
>>> httpd-2.4, pending some more testing and fixes as necessary.
>> I tried using the trunk a couple of days ago and it did not compile.  Just to make
>> that I am using the right SVN respository and branch, what is the URL of the trunk
SVN repository?
>> I am more than happy to try testing mod_perl.
> Hm, with the following patch applied to www/mod_perl2 it builds fine for me on FreeBSD
8.4 / 10.0 (amd64) an apache-2.4.10
> The patch does some adjustments in the port / pkg-plist and fetches a complete archive
containing all patches so the sources are the same as the upstream (r1602105) trunk/httpd24threade
> After applying the patch and using the command `make patch' it is easy to compare the
sources against upstream sources (check out before)
> Easiest way to apply the patch against the unmodified port:
> $ cd www/mod_perl2
> $ fetch
> $ patch -p1 < mod_perl2-2.0.8_apache24.diff
> PS:
> I've updated the patch because it needs some additional handling for pkg-plist if build
against apache-2.2.x (
I tried your procedure (see above).  The patch applied, I was able to
compile the mod_perl,
and  'make test' ran and it passed all of the critical tests.

I then ran some more of my tests for the functionality it used. These

I would say that unless somebody else comes up with a problem that I
would use this as a baseline
for distribution/installation.

That is,  I would put up the modified Makefile,  with a warning, but
would allow people
to make/install it by specifying an option such as "make IGNORE_WARNING=yes"

Of course, the FreeBSD Ports team may have different views on this...
but until the upstream mod_perl team puts out mod_perl-2.0.9 officially
I think that this is the best we can do.  Also,  some more testers will
be able to try it out and report any problems....

View raw message