perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Michael Schout <msch...@gkg.net>
Subject PATCH: add -DAPACHE24 support to Apache::Test - necessary for Auth with Apache 2.4
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2014 16:47:40 GMT
Hi.

I have submitted this issue a while back to rt.cpan.org, but I have not
gotten any response.

I am the maintainer of Apache::AuthCookie.

As most of us probably already know, Apache 2.4 has a very different
authentication API from previous Apache versions.  As a result, in order
to release a version of Apache::AuthCookie that passes tests on Apache
2.4 and previous versions, it is necessary to have conditional config
sections that are only enabled for Apache 2.4 or later.

Currently Apache::Test defines APACHE2 if running under apache 2.0 or
later.  The attached patch also defines APACHE24 if running under apache
2 with a minor version >= 4.

I shipped a patch for AuthCookie to the debian folks that works under
Apache 2.4, but I also need this patch in Apache::Test in order to make
it so that the test suite will work on all Apache versions (2.4 as well
as 2.2 and earlier)

Example in AuthCookie t/conf/extra.conf.in:

<IfDefine APACHE24>
  # Apache 2.4+ Auth API
  PerlAddAuthzProvider user My::Auth->authz
</IfDefine>
<IfDefine APACHE2>
  <IfDefine !APACHE24>
    # Pre Apache 2.4 Auth API.
    PerlAuthzHandler ....
  </IfDefine>
</IfDefine>

Hopefully this makes it clear why this is needed, and why I'd like to
see this in Apache::Test before mod_perl for apache 2.4 is finalized.

Regards,
Michael Schout