perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Andy Colson <a...@squeakycode.net>
Subject Re: support for Apache 2.4
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2014 20:57:41 GMT

<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/branches/httpd24threading/> mod_perl
>     cd mod_perl
>     perl Makefile.PL
>     ... seemed ok ...
>     make
>     ... seed ok...
>     make test
>
>     make[1]: Leaving directory `/pub/apps/mod_perl/xs'
>     /usr/bin/perl5.18.1 -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib \
>     t/TEST -clean
>     [warning] setting ulimit to allow core files
>     ulimit -c unlimited; /usr/bin/perl5.18.1 /pub/apps/mod_perl/t/TEST -clean
>     APACHE_TEST_GROUP= APACHE_TEST_APXS= APACHE_TEST_HTTPD= APACHE_TEST_USER= APACHE_TEST_PORT=
\
>     /usr/bin/perl5.18.1 -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib \
>     t/TEST -bugreport -verbose=0
>     [warning] setting ulimit to allow core files
>     ulimit -c unlimited; /usr/bin/perl5.18.1 /pub/apps/mod_perl/t/TEST -bugreport -verbose=0
>     /usr/sbin/httpd  -d /pub/apps/mod_perl/t -f /pub/apps/mod_perl/t/conf/__httpd.conf
-D APACHE2 -D PERL_USEITHREADS
>     using Apache/2.4.6 (event MPM)
>
>     waiting 300 seconds for server to start: .httpd: Syntax error on line 97 of /pub/apps/mod_perl/t/conf/__httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/lib64/httpd/modules/mod___apreq2.so into server: /usr/lib64/httpd/modules/mod___apreq2.so:
undefined symbol: ap_log_error
>     [  error]
>     server has died with status 255 (t/logs/error_log wasn't created, start the server
in the debug mode)
>     sh: line 1:  1523 Terminated              /usr/bin/perl5.18.1 /pub/apps/mod_perl/t/TEST
-bugreport -verbose=0
>     make: *** [run_tests] Error 143
>
>     Any hints?
>
>     -Andy
>

> /usr/lib64/httpd/modules/mod_apreq2.so isn't built for httpd 2.4, which has no ap_log_error
symbol (ap_log_error is a macro that maps to something else).

> --
> Born in Roswell... married an alien...
> http://emptyhammock.com/

Oh.. a hold over from when I was previously playing with mod_perl.  I'll blow it away and
try again.

Thanks

-Andy