perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Andy Colson <a...@squeakycode.net>
Subject Re: support for Apache 2.4
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2014 20:49:06 GMT
On 02/16/2014 09:36 AM, Steve Hay wrote:
> On 16 February 2014 15:11, Dominic Hargreaves <dom@earth.li> wrote:
>> On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 11:10:20PM +1100, Carl Brewer wrote:
>>> Having just downloaded this latest SVN repo, a grep for "2.4" in the
>>> root dir shows a couple of changes, but no explicit mention of 2.4
>>> support.
>>>
>>> Before I try it, does it actually support 2.4 yet?
>>
>> The Debian project is shipping mod_perl with httpd24 support
>> based on http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/branches/httpd24/.
>> This appears to be good enough for our needs, so you might like to give
>> it a try (our packages are based on a somewhat older version of that
>> branch, and there seem to be quite a number of changes going in, so
>> it's worth giving that a go. I haven't heard about any current plans for
>> merging this to trunk, though.
>>

> An update on the state of things regarding httpd-2.4 support in mod_perl:
>
> We are working hard to get this done and are 99% of the way there.
> Both volunteers and volunteers' time is limited, though, so progress
> has been slow. A lot of work has taken place in the httpd24 branch,
> and as Dominic says, some Linux distros are already shipping that.
>
> Further improvements to mod_perl have also been made in the threading
> branch, and in a bid to improve the state of httpd-2.4 support on
> Windows I recently merged the two together in a new branch called
> httpd24threading. This is where current development activity is taking
> place, and we are now sufficiently close that I expect this to be
> merged back to trunk soon.

I'm on Slackware64 14.1.
svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/branches/httpd24threading/ mod_perl
cd mod_perl
perl Makefile.PL
... seemed ok ...
make
... seed ok...
make test

make[1]: Leaving directory `/pub/apps/mod_perl/xs'
/usr/bin/perl5.18.1 -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib \
t/TEST -clean
[warning] setting ulimit to allow core files
ulimit -c unlimited; /usr/bin/perl5.18.1 /pub/apps/mod_perl/t/TEST -clean
APACHE_TEST_GROUP= APACHE_TEST_APXS= APACHE_TEST_HTTPD= APACHE_TEST_USER= APACHE_TEST_PORT=
\
/usr/bin/perl5.18.1 -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib \
t/TEST -bugreport -verbose=0
[warning] setting ulimit to allow core files
ulimit -c unlimited; /usr/bin/perl5.18.1 /pub/apps/mod_perl/t/TEST -bugreport -verbose=0
/usr/sbin/httpd  -d /pub/apps/mod_perl/t -f /pub/apps/mod_perl/t/conf/httpd.conf -D APACHE2
-D PERL_USEITHREADS
using Apache/2.4.6 (event MPM)

waiting 300 seconds for server to start: .httpd: Syntax error on line 97 of /pub/apps/mod_perl/t/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/lib64/httpd/modules/mod_apreq2.so into server: /usr/lib64/httpd/modules/mod_apreq2.so:
undefined symbol: ap_log_error
[  error]
server has died with status 255 (t/logs/error_log wasn't created, start the server in the
debug mode)
sh: line 1:  1523 Terminated              /usr/bin/perl5.18.1 /pub/apps/mod_perl/t/TEST -bugreport
-verbose=0
make: *** [run_tests] Error 143

Any hints?

-Andy