perl-modperl mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: Initial setup problems with mod_perl2 - unable to locate modules
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2014 16:00:08 GMT

it should normally also show you what it finds in @INC.  What does it say ?

> and simply "failed to resolve handler" in the main server log.
> My config looks like this:
> <VirtualHost <IP>:<PORT>>
>     ServerName <server>
>     ServerAlias <server>
>     ServerAdmin <hostmaster>
>     ErrorLog "/var/log/apache/<VHOST>-error.log"
>     CustomLog "/var/log/apache/<VHOST>-access.log" common
>     PerlOptions +Parent
>     PerlSwitches -I/usr/local/www/<VHOST>/lib

Can you show us the contents of that directory ?

>     PerlInitHandler Apache2::Reload
>     PerlModule Mod_home::Mod

I don't think that you need the above.

>     <Location /<VHOST>>
>         SetHandler modperl
>         PerlResponseHandler Mod_home::Mod

These 2 lines above should be enough.

>         Order allow,deny
>         Allow from all
>     </Location>
> </VirtualHost>
> I also have PerlModule Apache2::Reload in the httpd.conf.
> Just to reiterate - I have tried this both as vhosting and as single
> server setup, and I cannot seem to resolve the same issue every single
> time.
> Can someone please give the magical incantation to make this thing work?
> :-) or at least point me in the right direction? I'm really starting to
> lose patience with this thing, and I now have a deadline to sort this
> out which is fast approaching.

Yes, but that's not the fault of anyone who is trying to help you here.
So be patient.

I am doing things similar to what you are intenting to do, on many servers with
VirtualHosts, and it works flawlessly.  So it /is/ a configuration matter, not something
wrong with Apache/mod_perl in the first place.

The thing is, we don't see your system, so we depend on the accurate and complete
information that you are providing us with.

When you (re-)start your Apache server, it prints a statup line in the logs (error log).
Can you show it here ?
example :
[Sun Feb 09 06:25:45 2014] [notice] Apache/2.2.16 (Debian) mod_jk/1.2.30 mod_perl/2.0.4
Perl/v5.10.1 configured -- resuming normal operations

and then give us the *full* message that appears in the log when it doesn't find your module.

View raw message