perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Steve Hay <steve.m....@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Error when compiling, please help.
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2013 14:27:15 GMT
On 5 November 2013 12:23, Michiel Beijen <michiel.beijen@otrs.com> wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>

> 11/04/2013 17:54 - Steve Hay wrote:
>
>> mod_perl does not yet support httpd-2.4.x. It currently only supports
>> up to 2.2.x, but work is underway to add 2.4.x support, hopefully in
>> the next release.
>
> I'm curious; first Fedora and now also Ubuntu 13.10 and Debian include mod_perl and ship
Apache 2.4 in their latest distros.

> To what extent are their patches non-functional? I.e. if *they* can have it how come
mod_perl would not be able to have support for 2.4 upstream? What are they missing that must
still be added and to what extent is this problematic?

I imagine they're all based on the httpd24 development branch of
mod_perl, where the work to support httpd-2.4 is underway. I believe
it is largely complete on *nix, barring some test failures, but it
isn't currently working on Windows. I hope to get that fixed soon, and
then we can look at getting a 2.0.9 out with it in.