perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Randolf Richardson" <rand...@modperl.pl>
Subject Apache HTTPd v2.4.x (was: Re: Error when compiling, please help.)
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2013 18:18:59 GMT
[sNip]
> mod_perl does not yet support httpd-2.4.x. It currently only supports
> up to 2.2.x, but work is underway to add 2.4.x support, hopefully in
> the next release.

	Thanks for the update.  I am looking forward to not having to run
two different versions of Apache HTTPd on the same box (some modules
needed at some times are only available for v2.4.x).

	Since mod_perl2 seems to provide one of the most comprehensive
real-world examples of how Apache HTTPd can be enhanced and extended,
I feel that it's a shame that ModPerl was "left behind" for such a
long time after Apache HTTPd 2.4.x was released.

	I use mod_perl2 in almost all my web site projects (and also DBI and
PostgreSQL quite a bit) because it's so excellent in so many
different ways, and so I'm wondering if there is general concern
among others here about ModPerl getting a higher priority from the
Apache HTTPd team in the future.  (Is this an Apache problem, or more
of a people resource problem, or perhaps there was a technological
challenge just this one time, or something else?)

	Thanks.

Randolf Richardson - randolf@inter-corporate.com
Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
http://www.inter-corporate.com/