perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Andy Colson <a...@squeakycode.net>
Subject Re: Detection "connection reset by peer" in mod_perl before send a response
Date Sat, 10 Aug 2013 15:37:42 GMT
On 08/10/2013 06:54 AM, Lucas wrote:
> Dear all.
>
> I need to detect that user pressed escape, apache receives it like "connection reset
by peer" (I saw it with truss, freebsd strace), before my script will send a response to client.

> I can explain: my script works some time (about 2-3 sec), it gathers some data. Within
this period it is possible that user decide to press escape or even to close the page or browser.

> I need to detect it and clean some temporary files, what is normally happen by additional
request from script on the page.

> I need your advice how to do it.
>
> Thanks.

I wrap an eval around it and ignore the error:

eval {
   $r->print($buf);
};

unlink($tempfiles);