perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Perrin Harkins <phark...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache::DBI "connection lost contact" error
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 16:18:35 GMT
On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 9:59 AM, Xinhuan Zheng <xzheng@christianbook.com>
wrote:
> Will the new connection that's created be cached after then and the
connection that's not ping-able will be discarded?

Yes.

> Will this cached the new connection last until the child process exit?

Yes, unless it times out on the Oracle side due to inactivity.

> Will rollback be called when child process discovers the connection
handle not ping-able?

No, the connection is already closed at that point.

> Will rollback be called when child process exit?

Yes.

Also, I think I see how to fix this, so when I have a few minutes I'll send
you a patch to try.

- Perrin