perl-modperl mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Windows XP, Apache, perl 5.16, mod_perl
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2013 13:31:44 GMT
Hi guys.

We generally work on Linux Debian systems, and install Apache httpd, perl and mod_perl
from the package manager, and it works great.
However, for some cases - like my Windows XP development laptop - I would like a local
copy of this all, to develop and test new software. (Also because I need to support
customers under Windows).

I used to install a recent version of perl from ActiveState and then a mod_perl ppm from
the UWinnipeg repository, but that option doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Could you recommend one "integrated" solution for this, in terms of Apache httpd 2.2.x,
and a recent perl version ? Like, something which works without having to spend a week
resolving dependencies and incompatibilities ?

Thanks

P.S. I do not have a C compiler on my laptop, and I'd prefer to stick to Windows XP as
long as it works.