perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Michiel Beijen <michiel.bei...@otrs.com>
Subject How to determine what makes Apache crash?
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 14:52:49 GMT
Hi,

I'm using mod_perl 2.0.7 on Windows with Apache 2.2.23. I got Apache
from Apachelounge, and compiled mod_perl and perl 5.16.2 myself using
Visual Studio 2008. I'm using a 32-bit Windows Vista.

Pretty frequently my app (which works just fine on Linux) makes Apache
crash. If I perform 500 requests with Apache Bench, I see this:

Benchmarking localhost (be patient)
Completed 100 requests
Completed 200 requests
Completed 300 requests
apr_socket_recv: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the
remote host.   (730054)
Total of 338 requests completed

In the apache error log I see apache is restarting, but this results
in some HTTP 500 errors that make the apache-bench results fail. When
using a web browser, I also get these http 500 errors.

If I run the application using native CGI (i.e. I turn off mod_perl) I
do not see crashes but of course it is *very* slow.

How can I find out what makes apache/mod_perl crash?

--
Mike