perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Dave Morgan <dave.mor...@coolplaces.ca>
Subject Re: [OT] AW: Unsuccessful stat on filename containing newline in RegistryCooker.pm
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 20:24:10 GMT
On 28/02/13 01:12 PM, André Warnier wrote:
> Randolf Richardson wrote:
> In truth, Microsoft is not alone there.  An Apache httpd by default installs under a
> (created) directory named "Apache Software Foundation" of all things. One would think
that
> /they/ at least would know better. But no.  Why make it simple when annoying will do
?
Huh, I didn't know that. I would have thought that I would of screwed up at least once and
found that out.

During the dot com boom I worked as production DBA for a company where the developers
didn't think it necessary to produce a text version of the deployment instructions.

Since I couldn't read the MSWord document on a command line unix machine it didn't
get deployed that week :(

Funny the next week the instructions were in text in a file called README.txt :)

Still had to deal with spaces in the mount point and filename though. :(

Dave
--
Dave Morgan
Operations Manager, Cool Places In Canada