perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. McGrail" <KMcGr...@PCCC.com>
Subject Re: Trouble installing mod_perl-2.0.7 with Perl v5.14.2 and Apache Apache/2.4.3 under FreeBSD 9.1
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2013 15:07:33 GMT
On 2/21/2013 9:35 AM, Bernard Higonnet wrote:
> Everything seems to go OK with perl Makefile.PL but when I try make I
> get this:
>
> modperl_interp.c: In function 'modperl_interp_select':
> modperl_interp.c:503: error: 'conn_rec' has no member named 'remote_ip'
> *** [modperl_interp.lo] Error code 1
>
> I have searched this a bit and don't seem to be the only victim of
> this problem, but am not versed enough in Apache or Perl to understand
> what's going on. Several people seem to suggest or assert Apache 2.4
> doesn't work with mod_perl...!?
>
> TIA
> Bernard Higonnet

Bernard,

Mod perl and Httpd 2.4 don't work yet.

However, there is some progress on this that I'm testing today from Jan
quoted below.

regards,
KAM

Hi,

I think I've committed all my patches [1] to httpd24 branch. It builds
OK for me and I think it's now time for more people to build it and
report your problems with this branch.

To compile it, I just checkout the httpd24 and run:

/usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL MP_APXS=/usr/bin/apxs
MP_APR_CONFIG=/usr/bin/apr-1-config

make

If you want to run tests, you have to at first create ./t/run directory
(to create this automatically, I would have to patch Apache-Test which I
can't since it's separate component and lives outside my httpd24 branch
if I'm right)

Then you can just run 'make test'.

The only failing test is t/directive/perlloadmodule3.t. I don't know
perl enough to parse that code which merges configurations in this test
yet.

If the build ends up with error message that it can't link against
-laprutil-1, we will have to fix workaroud (and little hack) I've done
in commit 1448043 [2].

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/perl-modperl-cvs/201302.mbox/browser

[2] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1448043