perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Torsten Förtsch <torsten.foert...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [mp2] mod_perl resulting apache failure
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 13:29:04 GMT
On 02/05/2013 01:29 PM, jitendra.soni@accenture.com wrote:
> 1. Problem Description:
>
> Apache start is failing after adding mod_perl module in httpd.conf.

I take it you ran "make test" and all tests passed? Then make sure you
use the same perl/modperl/httpd combination. Make sure all the paths are
correct.

On a linux box the best way to do that is to look at
/proc/$HTTPD_PID/maps when the modperl test suite is running. Then start
your production server without modperl, take the output and compare it
with the modperl case.

Then you can setup your production server to produce core dumps (ulimit,
CoreDumpDirectory). Inspect the core dump with GDB. It lists all shared
libraries it loads. It also can generate a stack trace that can help
identifying your problem.

These recommendations are not very useful in pointing directly to your
problem. But given the little information you provide this is all I can do.

The only thing I see is that you are using 32 bit architecture. There is
a large-file-support related problem there. See:

  http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/modperl/modperl/103514#103514

The patch mentioned at the end of the thread may help. But if that were
the case "make test" should have failed.

I don't have any 32 bit system here and I don't fully understand the
implications of the patch.

Torsten