Hi,
the os is REDHAT apache 2.2.23 and mod_perl is 2.0.7

this is my configuration:

#
#Configuration AMF Filter
#
PerlSetEnv AMFMobileHome /home/AMF
PerlTransHandler +Apache2::AMFLiteDetectionFilter

this is the top command:

Inline images 1

to see the source of Apache2::AMFLiteDetection is here:

http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/IFUSCHINI/Apache2-ApacheMobileFilter-3.54/lib/Apache2/AMFLiteDetectionFilter.pm

Thanks

Idel

On 19 January 2013 22:00, Fred Moyer <fred@redhotpenguin.com> wrote:
On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 12:45 PM, Idel Fuschini <idel.fuschini@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have compiled apache webserver with this configuration:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/foo/apache-2.2.23-worker-1st --enable-modules=all
> --enable-mods-shared=all --disable-ipv6 --enable-ssl
> --with-ssl=/foo/openssl-1.0.1c --enable-proxy --enable-proxy-connect
> --enable-proxy-http --with-mpm=worker --enable-cgi
>
> without mod_perl without mod_perl each httpd process take 12m
>
> with mod_perl  each httpd process takes 38m
>
> and each request the memory increase the memory.

Either you are not loading all your modules into the parent httpd
process at startup time (startup.pl, process growth is code), or your
processes are setting globals that hold data from request handling
(process growth is data related.

If you can test on Solaris or OS X, I recommend running iosnoop (a
dtrace script) which will identify what files your application
touches. If you see your application accessing modules after the app
has started, put those modules in startup.pl

Although, 38 megabytes is small. I work with applications that have
512+ megabyte process footprints.