perl-modperl mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: alias command in modperl environment
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2012 10:13:16 GMT
Feng He wrote:
> Hello,
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>         ServerAdmin xxx@yyy.com
>         ServerName example.com
>
>         PerlModule Apache::DBI
>         PerlPostConfigRequire /path/to/startup.pl
>
>         <Location />
>             SetHandler modperl
>             PerlResponseHandler Handler1
>         </Location>
>
>         <Location /ip/>
>             SetHandler modperl
>             PerlResponseHandler Handler2
>         </Location>
>
>         Alias /zzz/ "/var/www/zzz/"
>         <Directory /var/www/zzz/>
>                 Options FollowSymLinks MultiViews
>                 AllowOverride None
>                 Order allow,deny
>                 allow from all
>         </Directory>
>
>         ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log
>         LogLevel warn
>         CustomLog /var/log/apache2/cdn.access.log combined
>
> </VirtualHost>
>

> I put some static files under /var/www/zzz/.
> When accessing these static files, I got 403 error.
> Can't alias command work for this case?

I believe that you have the following problem :

What you specify in the "<Location />", by default, is inherited by all "sub-Locations"
of
"/", so for example the location "/zzz/" inherits the "SetHandler modperl" from the
location "/".
I don't remember the exact syntax, but try to add the following :

<Location "/zzz/">
   SetHandler default       (or maybe it is "none")
   .. (other directives)
</Location>

Generally, I try to avoid setting a special handler or other special rules for the
Location "/", for precisely that kind of reason : you find that you then need to override

these defaults in every sub-directory of your setup.