perl-modperl mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: setHandler question
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2012 20:29:05 GMT
Ryan Gies wrote:
> On 12/14/2012 8:52 AM, André Warnier wrote:
>> I suppose that in the end I will want to do something like this :
>>
>> my $finfo = $r->finfo();
>> # do something to $finfo to set the flag
>> $r->finfo($finfo);
>> $r->handler('modperl');
>> $r->set_handlers(PerlResponseHandler => \&_my_response_handler);
>>
>> but how do I "do something to $finfo" ?
>>
>> Or am I totally off-track here ?
>>
>> TIA
> For what it's worth, I have consistent success in using $r->finfo to
> tell Apache the final destination. In the case that $you_want_to_hook
> (below) is false, Apache will also serve the intended file. The timing
> used is:
>
> PerlMapToStorageHandler
>
>   $r->filename($path); # where $path is an absolute file-system path
>   $r->finfo(APR::Finfo::stat($path, APR::Const::FINFO_NORM, $r->pool));
>   return Apache2::Const::OK;
>
> PerlFixupHandler
>
>   if ($you_want_to_hook) {
>     $r->push_handlers(PerlResponseHandler => \&_response_handler);
>     $r->handler('modperl');
>     return Apache2::Const::OK;
>   }

Let me explain better what I am looking for :

<LocationMatch "/IIS_app/(.*)$">
   PerlAuthenHandler SLC->authenticate
   PerlAuthzHandler SLC->authorize
   PerlSetVar SLC_login_page "/public/login.html"
   ProxyPassMatch http://localhost:8800/$1
</LocationMatch>

In other words,
- Apache+mod_perl is acting as a reverse proxy for an application running under IIS on the

same server
- but this IIS application requires a special HTTP header to authenticate the user
- In the Location above, the PerlAuthenHandler checks if the user is authenticated.
     - If yes, it adds the required HTTP header to the request, and then a few steps later

the proxying happens to IIS, and that's fine.
     - If not, it sends back a login page.

What I want to do refers to the "sends back a login page".
In case the user is not authenticated, I do /not/ want Apache to proxy the call to IIS.
I want to reset the response handler so that it is no longer mod_proxy, but mod_perl, and

my own PerlResponseHandler (which sends back the login page "/public/login.html", after
munching on it).
But what happens is that the proxying runs anyway, and the request ends up in IIS, but
without the authentication header.
That's what I want to avoid.

In the PerlAuthenHandler, I already do this :

if ($not_authenticated)
{
    $r->handler('modperl'); # (1)
    $r->set_handlers(PerlResponseHandler => \&_my_send_login_handler); # (2)
    $r->set_handlers(PerlFixupHandler => sub { $_[0]->handler('modperl') } ); # (3)
    return Apache2::Const::OK;
}

But that is apparently not enough.  It is still (later) proxying the request to IIS.
So it is apparently ignoring the line
    $r->handler('modperl'); # (1)

What am I missing ? (as another way of phrasing the initial question)

I am led to believe that it has to do with the "map-to-storage" phase, which has already
happened by the time the PerlAuthenHandler runs, and that in order to completely override

the mod_proxy response handler, I need to set/reset some flag(s).
I'd like (if possible) to do that "dynamically" in the PerlAuthenHandler, without having
to configure an extra PerlMapToStorageHandler in my configuration for that Location.

(In the above, (1) and (3) are probably the same thing, with (3) happening later and
having maybe a better chance. But it's still not working.

Would these 2 lines :

 >   $r->filename($path); # where $path is an absolute file-system path
 >   $r->finfo(APR::Finfo::stat($path, APR::Const::FINFO_NORM, $r->pool));

added to the above current code, do the trick ?