perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Chris Bennett <ch...@bennettconstruction.us>
Subject How best to get my mod_perl programs to run under CGI for non-mod_perl users?
Date Sat, 15 Dec 2012 20:07:34 GMT
Everything I use/write is strictly mod_perl (mod_perl-1.31 under
OpenBSD).

I am planning on releasing some of this open-source, but many users will
not be running mod_perl.

What might be the easiest way to go backwards to CGI without a huge
amount of work?
Should I write something that makes $r->print(); work as print?
I have read that CGI.pm and Apache::Request are similar but not the
same.
Is something already written to do this out there? A guide?

These applications use:
use Apache::Request();
use DBI();

All of these modules are using Apache::Registry, not handler.

Thanks,
Chris Bennett