Torsten Förtsch wrote: > On 11/12/2012 06:19 PM, André Warnier wrote: >> In response to some request URLs, I have to compose a response >> structured as follows : >> >> - a html frameset document with two frames >> - in the 1st frame, the result of another HTTP request to the same >> Apache server. >> This URI of this HTTP request is created by "mangling" the original >> request URL somewhat. >> - in the 2d frame, the content of the HTML file corresponding to the >> original request URI. >> >> For example, if the original request URI was something like : >> "/abc/def/ghi.html", then >> - the top frame should contain the (html) output of a request to >> "/cgi-bin/mangle.pl?arg=ghi" >> - the bottom frame should contain the content of the >> originally-requested "/abc/def/ghi.html" URI (which is a static file). >> >> I am thinking of doing this by : >> - creating a mod_perl ResponseHandler >> - having this response handler make a first sub-request to the >> "/cgi-bin/mangle.pl?arg=ghi" URI, grabbing the content of the response >> to that sub-request, and insert it into the first of the output >> document. >> - having the response handler do a lookup_uri of the original URI, get >> the resulting filename, reading the file and insert its content into the >> second of the output document. >> >> My 1st question is : is the above a valid plan, or is there something >> fundamentally wrong with this approach ? >> >> My 2d question is : looking at the Apache2::SubRequest documentation, I >> do not see a clear way of getting the response content of a subrequest. >> For example, the run() method explanation seems to indicate that the >> response content is sent directly to the client. >> Am I missing something ? > > I don't really understand what you want to achieve. But if you just want > to insert a header on top of each page, this can be done without a > frameset (you know, they are utterly deprecated). > > Use a PerlOutputFilterHandler to insert a
or perhaps even an >