perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Mark Heiges <mhei...@gmail.com>
Subject failure using Socket in PerlSection
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2012 03:36:44 GMT
I have a name-based virtual host and want to use Socket.pm in a PerlSection:

<Perl>
use Socket;
</Perl>

but when starting httpd I get the error,

$parms->add_config() has failed: Invalid command 'INADDR_ANY', perhaps misspelled or defined
by a module not included in the server configuration at /usr/lib64/perl5/Apache2/PerlSections.pm
line 215.\n

If I print the $self->directives array from PerlSections.pm to STDOUT I see exported variables
from Socket mixed in with the normal directives:

INADDR_ANY
SO_PROTOCOL 38
IP_TTL 2
ErrorDocument 401 /401.shtml
ErrorDocument 404 /404.shtml
ErrorDocument 500 /500.shtml
ErrorDocument 503 /500.shtml
ProxyPassReverse ...

Which explains the httpd error but how do I prevent these variables working their way into
the httpd configuration?

I have this problem with CentOS 6, httpd-2.2.15, mod_perl-2.0.4, perl-5.10.1

I have no trouble using Socket with CentOS 5, httpd-2.2.3, mod_perl-2.0.4, perl-5.8.8