perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Dave Morgan <dave.mor...@coolplaces.ca>
Subject Soulution maybe? for Re: Connection aborted was ModPerl::Util::exit: (120000) at Carp.pm line 590
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 16:52:57 GMT
Hi All,

Short summary, original problem
	ModPerl::Util::exit: (120000) exit was called at /usr/share/perl5/CGI/Carp.pm line 590
after hacking out Carp
	"Software caused connection abort....." at 3 different places in our code
The code in question is essentially
	print $CGI->header( $header_info_ref );
	print $response; #fails here

This was happening a minimum of 150 to 200 times a day. Changed the code to
	print $CGI->header( $header_info_ref );
	eval{print $response;}; #wrap failure
	print STDERR $@ . "\n\n";

However, it seems $@ is always empty. So, I no longer have connection aborted errors

Now I know I'm easily confused but I don't understand :) However, as it does appear
I have fixed the issue I am quite happy. I just wish I knew why it works.

Discovered along the way was do not write anything between the http header and the
html DOC_TYPE as anything Microsoft based other than IE 10 will not display css floats properly.

HTH
Dave

--
Dave Morgan
Operations Manager, Cool Places In Canada