perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Torsten Förtsch <>
Subject Re: custom proxy setup with mod_perl
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2012 18:44:43 GMT
On 11/23/2012 06:39 PM, André Warnier wrote:
> 1) is that "early enough" to be before the Apache ProxyPass step ?

yes, the proxy works as usual in the response phase.

> 2) can I set the "(corresponding hostname)" above in such a Perl
> handler, or otherwise manipulate the URI before it gets proxy-ed ?

> 3) do I need this ProxyPass directive in my configuration, or can I just
> set the Apache response handler to be mod_proxy_http, in one of the Perl
> handlers ? and if yes, how ?

no, the fixup handler can configure the request to be handled by mod_proxy.

  # Perhaps 2 is better here, since your server actually acts as
  # reverse proxy. The differences are subtle. Have a look at the code
  # for better understanding.

That's what I would begin with. $url is then ''.

A problem here is perhaps if the user wants to use https. You can of
course fake up a certificate. You perhaps can even have the browser
accept it without warning. But nevertheless, a user with sufficient
knowledge can identify the man in the middle.

See also

for a different but also unusual usage of mod_proxy.

View raw message