perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Dave Morgan <dave.mor...@coolplaces.ca>
Subject Re: Connection aborted (blank line after headers?)
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 16:58:58 GMT
On 15/11/12 11:40 AM, Randolf Richardson wrote:

Snip.....
>> Pretty well, we also get a similar problem when some IE clients download
>> pictures (jpg's).
>>
>> Software caused connection abort at /home/apache/metapoint/trunk/Metadot/UploadsManager.pm
line 216,<OUT>  chunk 1.\n

>> The code here is (edited for brevity)
>>
>> open OUT, "<$read_file";
>> binmode (OUT);
>> print $CGI->header(%header_values);
>> {
>>           local $/ = undef;
>>           while(<OUT>) {
>>                   print;
>>           }
>> }
> [sNip]
>
> 	One question:  Do you need a blank line after the headers to
> differentiate from the content?  If $CGI->header isn't providing it,
> then this could explain why the client isn't getting the image, and
> raw binary data where headers are expected could be a problem too.
>
> open OUT, "<$read_file";
> binmode (OUT);
> print $CGI->header(%header_values);
> print "\r\n"; # --- Some systems may only need "\n"
> {
>           local $/ = undef;
>           while(<OUT>) {
>                   print;
>           }
> }
>
> 	Consider this to be a random idea that may be worth trying.  I hope
> this helps.

Tried in staging, broke everything :) Thanks for the idea.

After further checking the cause does appear to be the client
side aborting. We have checked with the exact clients/systems
reported and everything works properly when we do it so ......

Thanks to all for their help

Dave

--
Dave Morgan
Operations Manager, Cool Places In Canada