perl-modperl mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: question on sub-requests
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 14:53:11 GMT
Torsten Förtsch wrote:
> On 11/14/2012 02:48 PM, André Warnier wrote:
>> I my particular case, the sendfile() solution above works fine, because
>> I am sure in this case that no additional processing needs to take place
>> on those static pages.
> What I meant in particular was the HTTP code 304 generation. With your
> solution the browser will always get a fresh copy even if the cache is
> still valid.

Ok, get it.  So I will use the internal_redirect / initial_req version.

The tidbit above makes me think about a possibility to solve another issue that happens
from time to time : some users browsers that are NOT refreshing their copies of
stylesheets or javascript libraries, even though they have been modified.
Not all users know how to clear their browser cache (and some cannot because of policies).

Maybe this offers a way to solve that.  Need to think about it.

View raw message