perl-modperl mailing list archives

From gAzZaLi <bac2...@bac2bac.com>
Subject Re: question on sub-requests
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2012 06:03:50 GMT

Hi, you're welcome, glad to be of any help.
Sounds like you're close to getting it done or done
with it already.

If you're interested, here's the redirect idea in a little
more detail and doesn't involve edits or renaming.

All requests to html files in /abc/def/ could be handled with, say,

RedirectMatch ^/abc/def/(.*)\.html$ /common/global.html?$1

which loads the frameset file global.html (in the 'common' dir.) with a
param in the URL that denotes the actual file that was requested.

Since the static file at /abc/def/ghi.html will be served up in the
bottom frame, and should not be intercepted by the RedirectMatch above,
/abc/def could use an alias, say

Alias /bottomframecontent /var/www/htdocs/abc/def

Here's global.html with a little Javascript to load the frames.

global.html
-----------

<script>
var loadFrames = function(){
      var viewFile = location.search.replace('?', '');

     document.getElementById('topframe').src =
"/perlResponseHandler?arg=" + viewFile;

      document.getElementById('bottomframe').src =
"/bottomframecontent/" + viewFile + ".html";
};

window.onload = loadFrames;
</script>

</head>