perl-modperl mailing list archives

From gAzZaLi <bac2...@bac2bac.com>
Subject Re: question on sub-requests
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2012 20:51:31 GMT

Q1: At first glance, using a mod_perl handler to serve an existing
static html file seems like overkill.

Couldn't Apache respond (RedirectMatch?) with a common frameset html
file with some Javascript, which then fills the first frame with the
response to mangle.pl and the second frame with the static html file?

If you have control over the creation of the request URLs, you could
also have them come in as say, "show.html?ghi", which will be a frameset
html file which works as above and not have Apache do any extra work.

In each case, your mod_perl handler would be simpler and deal only with
responding to the value of arg.

Of course you may have already considered and rejected these ideas and
I'm missing the point entirely.