perl-modperl mailing list archives

From <...@zumu.com>
Subject Re: Mod_Perl2 getting started
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 20:32:27 GMT
-----Original Message-----
From: Fred Moyer
Try this link:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/intro/start_fast.html
--------------------------
Yes, thanks - I've read that.

-----Original Message-----
From: Fred Moyer
For handling POST data you will likely want to install libapreq2,
which is basically the equivalent of CGI:

http://search.cpan.org/dist/libapreq2/

use Apache2::Request;

    $req = Apache2::Request->new($r);
    @foo = $req->param("foo");
    $bar = $req->args("bar");

Thanks for the specifics- so something like this (below) should not
just die without an error message if I'm on track? (It just dies without
response
or error message - if I remove Apache2::Request->new($r) call it reponds
with the message to the browser..

So I 'm thinking libareq2 is not installed correctly yet?
My server provider is installing the apahce + perl etc. so
I'm partly at their mercy to get it correct. I just had no verified
test cases that I could say to them: This *should* work if the installation
is correct...

Thanks agains,
Joe N

##############