perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Randolf Richardson" <rand...@modperl.pl>
Subject Re: Mod_Perl2 getting started
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 21:13:31 GMT
> Hi,
> I´m finding the online documentation regarding mod_perl2 confusing
> with regards to all the various modules dealing with request structures etc:
> APR::Request, Apache2::Request, Apache2::RequestRec, Apache2::Upload,
> etc.
> Does anyone know of a tutorial or example code that sorts these out?
> Ideally a simple one module working code response handler that illustrates access to
the
> parsed request, handles args as querystrings and Post data, uploads a file or
> two, and returns an html page to the requestor. Anyone have something like that?
> Thanks very much in advance,
> Joe N

	Hi Joe.  I wrote one guide that has helped a few people get started:

		http://www.modperl.pl/how-to/

	It's still a work-in-progress, and although it doesn't show you
everything that you're asking for, it will get you started.

	Accessing query strings is covered in the Apache::Request module
documentation -- "param" is the keyword to search for.  I recommend
that you develop a clear understanding of how this works before
tackling file uploads, because it will make the learning process with
regard to handling file uploads a lot easier.

Randolf Richardson - randolf@inter-corporate.com
Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
http://www.inter-corporate.com/