perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. McGrail" <KMcGr...@PCCC.com>
Subject Re: Configuring mod-Perl to handle only some file types
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 18:28:12 GMT
On 8/8/2012 2:13 PM, jniederberger@comcast.net wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a mod_perl program that is written to handle URL's that
> name either a directory or *.html type files. All other types
> I want Apache to just do its regular thing (e.g., serve image
> type files, or .doc, .pdf, .js, .css, etc.)
> What's a good way to configure that? So for an entire website
> directory, and all its substructure, my perl handler gets only
> directories
> or  *.html files, and apache handles everything else without
> involing my perl handler.
>
> Thanks for any help or ideas.
Hi Joe,

I used .cgim extension for this to reflect mod_perl

I don't have access to an example from a more recent server but this is
how I made .cgim's under one site work.  It might help you.

<Directory /htdocs/example.org/html/>
   <Files ~ "\.cgim$">
     SetHandler perl-script
     PerlHandler Apache::PerlRun