perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Igor Chudov <ichu...@gmail.com>
Subject Framework for handling Query tasks that take a LONG time
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 03:20:57 GMT
I am working on my internal IT system for my business. It is, of course,
mod_perl based, as is the rest of what I do (algebra.com etc).

As a part of it, I have an intranet web form that starts a task, which
happens to take a long time, such as minutes.

I would like to handle this correctly.

While I read some helpful suggestions, my first instinct would be to look
for some existing framework based on mod_perl, instead of trying to
reinvent the wheel.

Would anyone happen to have a suggestion of such a perl module or framework
for executing long queries in a nice and graceful manner?

Specifically:

1) Start a long query
2) Display an intermediate page that self refreshes
3) Display progress of a task
4) Displaying correct results when task completes.

Thanks!