perl-modperl mailing list archives

From <Alexander.Elg...@external.t-systems.com>
Subject AW: Framework for handling Query tasks that take a LONG time
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 19:10:23 GMT
In my opinion, this is the correct way.

There are many web applications, whichs polls every few seconds to give the server a hint,
that the client is interested in the answer.
(This way you are able to abort a long_running_whatever.)
On newer applications, JavaScript is used, of course - so you can do what you like in the
meanwhile, without any need to update the page itself.
As soon as the call comes back, you can call an update function to handle the output.

There are progress bars available too:
http://docs.jquery.com/UI/Progressbar

I know, this is not a complete solution to your question, but just a little hint.

Greetings,
Alexander

--
Deutsche Telekom AG
Seamless ICT Security Infrastructure & Management