perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Peter Valdemar Mørch <pe...@morch.com>
Subject Re: User abort/stop, modperl 2 and TCP FIN / RST?
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 09:53:49 GMT
Thanks for your reply!

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 9:16 AM, Steve Hay <Steve.Hay@verosoftware.com> wrote:
> it would certainly be worth upgrading to 2.0.6 or 2.0.7 to see if that helps you.

As pr. your suggestion I've installed a fresh debian testing/wheezy
system that runs these versions:

# dpkg-query -W | grep apache2
apache2	2.2.22-6
apache2-mpm-worker	2.2.22-6
apache2-utils	2.2.22-6
apache2.2-bin	2.2.22-6
apache2.2-common	2.2.22-6
libapache2-mod-perl2	2.0.6-2
libapache2-reload-perl	0.11-2

And here the only difference I can see is that $r->rflush doesn't die
(like you write). Instead of testing for whether $r->rflush() dies one
can test for $r->connection->abort().

All the rest is the same. It it only possible to detect 'stop' after
the second print/rflush cycle as described in my original post. I'm
still hoping there is some way to detect 'stop' earlier...

Peter
--
Peter Valdemar Mørch
http://www.morch.com