perl-modperl mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From John Manko <john.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mod_perl segfaults, can't start Apache
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2012 22:15:23 GMT
Thanks for the input, Josh.  The command I'm using now is:

# strace  -fx /usr/sbin/apache2 -X

I recompiled apache with suexec support (because I noticed a missing suexec
ref in the output), and nscd wasn't running.  Unfortunately, I'm getting
the same error output:

>From the point where mod_perl confi is detected:

stat64("/etc/apache2/modules.d/75_mod_perl.conf", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644,
st_size=1406, ...}) = 0
open("/etc/apache2/modules.d/75_mod_perl.conf",
O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE|O_CLOEXEC) = 4
fstat64(4, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=1406, ...}) = 0
brk(0xb7810000)                         = 0xb7810000
read(4, "<IfDefine PERL>\nLoadModule perl_"..., 4096) = 1406
read(4, "", 4096)                       = 0
close(4)                                = 0
stat64("/etc/apache2/vhosts.d", {st_mode=S_IFDIR|0755, st_size=4096, ...})
= 0
openat(AT_FDCWD, "/etc/apache2/vhosts.d",
O_RDONLY|O_NONBLOCK|O_LARGEFILE|O_DIRECTORY|O_CLOEXEC) = 4
getdents64(4, /* 6 entries */, 32768)   = 240
getdents64(4, /* 0 entries */, 32768)   = 0
close(4)                                = 0
stat64("/etc/apache2/vhosts.d/00_default_ssl_vhost.conf",
{st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=7824, ...}) = 0
open("/etc/apache2/vhosts.d/00_default_ssl_vhost.conf",
O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE|O_CLOEXEC) = 4
fstat64(4, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=7824, ...}) = 0
read(4, "<IfDefine SSL>\n<IfDefine SSL_DEF"..., 4096) = 4096
read(4, "means that the\n\t# standard Auth/"..., 4096) = 3728
read(4, "", 4096)                       = 0
close(4)                                = 0
stat64("/etc/apache2/vhosts.d/00_default_vhost.conf",
{st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=1520, ...}) = 0
open("/etc/apache2/vhosts.d/00_default_vhost.conf",
O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE|O_CLOEXEC) = 4
fstat64(4, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=1520, ...}) = 0
read(4, "# Virtual Hosts\n#\n# If you want "..., 4096) = 1520
read(4, "", 4096)                       = 0
close(4)                                = 0
read(3, "", 4096)                       = 0
close(3)                                = 0
brk(0xb7831000)                         = 0xb7831000
stat64("/usr/sbin/suexec", {st_mode=S_IFREG|S_ISUID|0710, st_size=13588,
...}) = 0
gettimeofday({1340661900, 952340}, NULL) = 0
socket(PF_FILE, SOCK_STREAM|SOCK_CLOEXEC|SOCK_NONBLOCK, 0) = 3
connect(3, {sa_family=AF_FILE, sun_path="/var/run/nscd/socket"}, 110) = 0
send(3,
"\x02\x00\x00\x00\x0b\x00\x00\x00\x07\x00\x00\x00\x70\x61\x73\x73\x77\x64\x00",
19, MSG_NOSIGNAL) = 19
poll([{fd=3, events=POLLIN|POLLERR|POLLHUP}], 1, 5000) = 1 ([{fd=3,
revents=POLLIN|POLLHUP}])
recvmsg(3, {msg_name(0)=NULL, msg_iov(2)=[{"", 7}, {"", 8}],
msg_controllen=0, msg_flags=MSG_CMSG_CLOEXEC}, MSG_CMSG_CLOEXEC) = 0
close(3)                                = 0
socket(PF_FILE, SOCK_STREAM|SOCK_CLOEXEC|SOCK_NONBLOCK, 0) = 3
connect(3, {sa_family=AF_FILE, sun_path="/var/run/nscd/socket"}, 110) = 0
send(3,
"\x02\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x07\x00\x00\x00\x61\x70\x61\x63\x68\x65\x00",
19, MSG_NOSIGNAL) = 19
poll([{fd=3, events=POLLIN|POLLERR|POLLHUP}], 1, 5000) = 1 ([{fd=3,
revents=POLLIN|POLLHUP}])
read(3,
"\x02\x00\x00\x00\x01\x00\x00\x00\x07\x00\x00\x00\x02\x00\x00\x00\x51\x00\x00\x00\x51\x00\x00\x00\x1c\x00\x00\x00\x09\x00\x00\x00"...,
36) = 36
read(3,
"\x61\x70\x61\x63\x68\x65\x00\x78\x00\x61\x64\x64\x65\x64\x20\x62\x79\x20\x70\x6f\x72\x74\x61\x67\x65\x20\x66\x6f\x72\x20\x61\x70"...,
60) = 60
close(3)                                = 0
brk(0xb7852000)                         = 0xb7852000
socket(PF_FILE, SOCK_STREAM|SOCK_CLOEXEC|SOCK_NONBLOCK, 0) = 3
connect(3, {sa_family=AF_FILE, sun_path="/var/run/nscd/socket"}, 110) = 0
send(3,
"\x02\x00\x00\x00\x0c\x00\x00\x00\x06\x00\x00\x00\x67\x72\x6f\x75\x70\x00",
18, MSG_NOSIGNAL) = 18
poll([{fd=3, events=POLLIN|POLLERR|POLLHUP}], 1, 5000) = 1 ([{fd=3,
revents=POLLIN|POLLHUP}])
recvmsg(3, {msg_name(0)=NULL, msg_iov(2)=[{"", 6}, {"", 8}],
msg_controllen=0, msg_flags=MSG_CMSG_CLOEXEC}, MSG_CMSG_CLOEXEC) = 0
close(3)                                = 0
socket(PF_FILE, SOCK_STREAM|SOCK_CLOEXEC|SOCK_NONBLOCK, 0) = 3
connect(3, {sa_family=AF_FILE, sun_path="/var/run/nscd/socket"}, 110) = 0
send(3,
"\x02\x00\x00\x00\x02\x00\x00\x00\x07\x00\x00\x00\x61\x70\x61\x63\x68\x65\x00",
19, MSG_NOSIGNAL) = 19
poll([{fd=3, events=POLLIN|POLLERR|POLLHUP}], 1, 5000) = 1 ([{fd=3,
revents=POLLIN|POLLHUP}])
read(3,
"\x02\x00\x00\x00\x01\x00\x00\x00\x07\x00\x00\x00\x02\x00\x00\x00\x51\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00",
24) = 24
read(3, "\x61\x70\x61\x63\x68\x65\x00\x78\x00", 9) = 9
close(3)                                = 0
gettimeofday({1340661900, 959027}, NULL) = 0
brk(0xb7874000)                         = 0xb7874000
gettimeofday({1340661900, 959740}, NULL) = 0
write(2, "no listening sockets available, "..., 46no listening sockets
available, shutting down
) = 46
write(2, "Unable to open logs\n", 20Unable to open logs
)   = 20
select(0, NULL, NULL, NULL, {0, 10000}) = 0 (Timeout)
munmap(0xb67a3000, 9945604)             = 0
munmap(0xb678d000, 86036)               = 0
munmap(0xb6744000, 253156)              = 0
munmap(0xb66f7000, 313700)              = 0
munmap(0xb6467000, 406576)              = 0
munmap(0xb6436000, 200416)              = 0
munmap(0xb642b000, 41020)               = 0
munmap(0xb63de000, 312336)              = 0
munmap(0xb6395000, 295656)              = 0
munmap(0xb6385000, 61628)               = 0
munmap(0xb636e000, 91976)               = 0
munmap(0xb6312000, 376128)              = 0
munmap(0xb6276000, 634892)              = 0
munmap(0xb6248000, 184332)              = 0
munmap(0xb61f1000, 352356)              = 0
munmap(0xb61e0000, 68648)               = 0
munmap(0xb5f0f000, 1573892)             = 0
munmap(0xb667a000, 404972)              = 0
munmap(0xb66dd000, 104008)              = 0
munmap(0xb5e4c000, 797648)              = 0
munmap(0xb64cb000, 1762536)             = 0
munmap(0xb5e11000, 237764)              = 0
munmap(0xb6090000, 1374740)             = 0
munmap(0xb5d8b000, 548812)              = 0
munmap(0xb5d86000, 16396)               = 0
munmap(0xb7120000, 12400)               = 0
munmap(0xb7124000, 16480)               = 0
munmap(0xb7129000, 12432)               = 0
munmap(0xb712d000, 16480)               = 0
munmap(0xb7132000, 16480)               = 0
munmap(0xb7137000, 65664)               = 0
munmap(0xb7148000, 32864)               = 0
munmap(0xb7151000, 25008)               = 0
munmap(0xb7158000, 20580)               = 0
munmap(0xb715e000, 12396)               = 0
munmap(0xb7162000, 28992)               = 0
munmap(0xb716a000, 45164)               = 0
munmap(0xb7176000, 20584)               = 0
munmap(0xb717c000, 20576)               = 0
munmap(0xb7182000, 24676)               = 0
munmap(0xb7189000, 12384)               = 0
munmap(0xb71a7000, 12384)               = 0
munmap(0xb71ab000, 12384)               = 0
munmap(0xb71af000, 24672)               = 0
munmap(0xb718d000, 90184)               = 0
munmap(0xb71b6000, 37004)               = 0
munmap(0xb71c0000, 24688)               = 0
munmap(0xb71c7000, 36964)               = 0
munmap(0xb71d1000, 8288)                = 0
munmap(0xb71d4000, 12384)               = 0
munmap(0xb71d8000, 12388)               = 0
munmap(0xb71dc000, 12384)               = 0
munmap(0xb71e0000, 8288)                = 0
munmap(0xb71e3000, 12384)               = 0
munmap(0xb71e7000, 12384)               = 0
munmap(0xb71eb000, 8288)                = 0
munmap(0xb71ee000, 12384)               = 0
munmap(0xb71f2000, 8288)                = 0
munmap(0xb71f5000, 12384)               = 0
munmap(0xb71f9000, 12384)               = 0
munmap(0xb7686000, 16480)               = 0
munmap(0xb768b000, 12384)               = 0
brk(0xb7852000)                         = 0xb7852000
exit_group(1)                           = ?
+++ exited with 1 +++


On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 2:20 PM, Josh Narins <jnarins@seniorbridge.com>wrote:

> I’m not 100% sure, but I think you just straced the parent httpd.****
>
> ** **
>
> You need to pass –X to the httpd binary to see the child stuff.****
>
> ** **
>
>
> *Josh Narins*
> Director of Application Development
> SeniorBridge
>
> 845 Third Ave
> 7th Floor
> New York, NY 10022
> Tel: (212) 994-6194
> Fax: (212) 994-4260
> Mobile: (917) 488-6248
> jnarins@seniorbridge.com
> seniorbridge.com <http://www.seniorbridge.com/>
>
> [image: SeniorBridge]
>
> *From:* John Manko [mailto:john.manko@gmail.com]
> *Sent:* Monday, June 25, 2012 2:18 PM
> *To:* Josh Narins
> *Cc:* modperl@perl.apache.org
> *Subject:* Re: mod_perl segfaults, can't start Apache****
>
> ** **
>
> Ok, so I installed strace.  Please keep in mind that I'm a Java developer
> by nature, and a systems guy by necessity.   :)
>
> Here is what I have, and I'm not too sure how to interpret it.  Thank you
> for the help, btw! :)
>
> # strace -x /usr/sbin/apache2 > /root/apache_strace
>
> execve("/usr/sbin/apache2", ["/usr/sbin/apache2"], [/* 31 vars */]) = 0
> brk(0)                                  = 0xb775d000
> mmap2(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0)
> = 0xb76c8000
> access("/etc/ld.so.preload", R_OK)      = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
> directory)
> open("/usr/lib/tls/i686/sse2/libm.so.6", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT
> (No such file or directory)
>
> [ output removed for brevity ] .....
>
> stat64("/etc/apache2/modules.d/75_mod_perl.conf", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644,
> st_size=1406, ...}) = 0
> open("/etc/apache2/modules.d/75_mod_perl.conf",
> O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE|O_CLOEXEC) = 4
> fstat64(4, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=1406, ...}) = 0
> brk(0xb7848000)                         = 0xb7848000
> read(4, "<IfDefine PERL>\nLoadModule perl_"..., 4096) = 1406
> read(4, "", 4096)                       = 0
> close(4)                                = 0
> stat64("/etc/apache2/vhosts.d", {st_mode=S_IFDIR|0755, st_size=4096, ...})
> = 0
> openat(AT_FDCWD, "/etc/apache2/vhosts.d",
> O_RDONLY|O_NONBLOCK|O_LARGEFILE|O_DIRECTORY|O_CLOEXEC) = 4
> getdents64(4, /* 6 entries */, 32768)   = 240
> getdents64(4, /* 0 entries */, 32768)   = 0
> close(4)                                = 0
> stat64("/etc/apache2/vhosts.d/00_default_ssl_vhost.conf",
> {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=7824, ...}) = 0
> open("/etc/apache2/vhosts.d/00_default_ssl_vhost.conf",
> O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE|O_CLOEXEC) = 4
> fstat64(4, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=7824, ...}) = 0
> read(4, "<IfDefine SSL>\n<IfDefine SSL_DEF"..., 4096) = 4096
> read(4, "means that the\n\t# standard Auth/"..., 4096) = 3728
> read(4, "", 4096)                       = 0
> close(4)                                = 0
> stat64("/etc/apache2/vhosts.d/00_default_vhost.conf",
> {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=1520, ...}) = 0
> open("/etc/apache2/vhosts.d/00_default_vhost.conf",
> O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE|O_CLOEXEC) = 4
> fstat64(4, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=1520, ...}) = 0
> read(4, "# Virtual Hosts\n#\n# If you want "..., 4096) = 1520
> read(4, "", 4096)                       = 0
> close(4)                                = 0
> read(3, "", 4096)                       = 0
> close(3)                                = 0
> brk(0xb7869000)                         = 0xb7869000
> stat64("/usr/sbin/suexec", 0xbf9234e0)  = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
> directory)
> gettimeofday({1340647469, 246523}, NULL) = 0
> socket(PF_FILE, SOCK_STREAM|SOCK_CLOEXEC|SOCK_NONBLOCK, 0) = 3
> connect(3, {sa_family=AF_FILE, sun_path="/var/run/nscd/socket"}, 110) = -1
> ENOENT (No such file or directory)
> close(3)                                = 0
> socket(PF_FILE, SOCK_STREAM|SOCK_CLOEXEC|SOCK_NONBLOCK, 0) = 3
> connect(3, {sa_family=AF_FILE, sun_path="/var/run/nscd/socket"}, 110) = -1
> ENOENT (No such file or directory)
> close(3)                                = 0
> open("/etc/nsswitch.conf", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = 3
> brk(0xb788a000)                         = 0xb788a000
> fstat64(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=508, ...}) = 0
> mmap2(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0)
> = 0xb76be000
> read(3, "# /etc/nsswitch.conf:\n# $Header:"..., 4096) = 508
> read(3, "", 4096)                       = 0
> close(3)                                = 0
> munmap(0xb76be000, 4096)                = 0
> open("/etc/ld.so.cache", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = 3
> fstat64(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=42614, ...}) = 0
> mmap2(NULL, 42614, PROT_READ, MAP_PRIVATE, 3, 0) = 0xb67bc000
> close(3)                                = 0
> open("/lib/libnss_compat.so.2", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = 3
> read(3,
> "\x7f\x45\x4c\x46\x01\x01\x01\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x03\x00\x03\x00\x01\x00\x00\x00\x90\x10\x00\x00\x34\x00\x00\x00"...,
> 512) = 512
> fstat64(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0755, st_size=34296, ...}) = 0
> mmap2(NULL, 37300, PROT_READ|PROT_EXEC, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0) =
> 0xb5db6000
> mmap2(0xb5dbe000, 8192, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE,
> MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_FIXED|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0x7) = 0xb5dbe000
> close(3)                                = 0
> mprotect(0xb5dbe000, 4096, PROT_READ)   = 0
> munmap(0xb67bc000, 42614)               = 0
> open("/etc/ld.so.cache", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = 3
> fstat64(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=42614, ...}) = 0
> mmap2(NULL, 42614, PROT_READ, MAP_PRIVATE, 3, 0) = 0xb67bc000
> close(3)                                = 0
> open("/lib/libnss_nis.so.2", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = 3
> read(3,
> "\x7f\x45\x4c\x46\x01\x01\x01\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x03\x00\x03\x00\x01\x00\x00\x00\x90\x1e\x00\x00\x34\x00\x00\x00"...,
> 512) = 512
> fstat64(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0755, st_size=42284, ...}) = 0
> mmap2(NULL, 45448, PROT_READ|PROT_EXEC, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0) =
> 0xb5daa000
> mmap2(0xb5db4000, 8192, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE,
> MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_FIXED|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0x9) = 0xb5db4000
> close(3)                                = 0
> open("/lib/libnss_files.so.2", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = 3
> read(3,
> "\x7f\x45\x4c\x46\x01\x01\x01\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x03\x00\x03\x00\x01\x00\x00\x00\x90\x1f\x00\x00\x34\x00\x00\x00"...,
> 512) = 512
> fstat64(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0755, st_size=50784, ...}) = 0
> mmap2(NULL, 54120, PROT_READ|PROT_EXEC, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0) =
> 0xb5d9c000
> mmap2(0xb5da8000, 8192, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE,
> MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_FIXED|MAP_DENYWRITE, 3, 0xb) = 0xb5da8000
> close(3)                                = 0
> mprotect(0xb5da8000, 4096, PROT_READ)   = 0
> mprotect(0xb5db4000, 4096, PROT_READ)   = 0
> munmap(0xb67bc000, 42614)               = 0
> open("/etc/passwd", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = 3
> fcntl64(3, F_GETFD)                     = 0x1 (flags FD_CLOEXEC)
> _llseek(3, 0, [0], SEEK_CUR)            = 0
> fstat64(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=1567, ...}) = 0
> mmap2(NULL, 1567, PROT_READ, MAP_SHARED, 3, 0) = 0xb76be000
> _llseek(3, 1567, [1567], SEEK_SET)      = 0
> munmap(0xb76be000, 1567)                = 0
> close(3)                                = 0
> socket(PF_FILE, SOCK_STREAM|SOCK_CLOEXEC|SOCK_NONBLOCK, 0) = 3
> connect(3, {sa_family=AF_FILE, sun_path="/var/run/nscd/socket"}, 110) = -1
> ENOENT (No such file or directory)
> close(3)                                = 0
> socket(PF_FILE, SOCK_STREAM|SOCK_CLOEXEC|SOCK_NONBLOCK, 0) = 3
> connect(3, {sa_family=AF_FILE, sun_path="/var/run/nscd/socket"}, 110) = -1
> ENOENT (No such file or directory)
> close(3)                                = 0
> open("/etc/group", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC)  = 3
> _llseek(3, 0, [0], SEEK_CUR)            = 0
> fstat64(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=683, ...}) = 0
> mmap2(NULL, 683, PROT_READ, MAP_SHARED, 3, 0) = 0xb76be000
> _llseek(3, 683, [683], SEEK_SET)        = 0
> munmap(0xb76be000, 683)                 = 0
> close(3)                                = 0
> gettimeofday({1340647469, 259054}, NULL) = 0
> brk(0xb78ab000)                         = 0xb78ab000
> gettimeofday({1340647469, 259689}, NULL) = 0
> write(2, "no listening sockets available, "..., 46no listening sockets
> available, shutting down
> ) = 46
> write(2, "Unable to open logs\n", 20Unable to open logs
> )   = 20
> select(0, NULL, NULL, NULL, {0, 10000}) = 0 (Timeout)
> munmap(0xb67dd000, 9945604)             = 0
> munmap(0xb67c7000, 86036)               = 0
> munmap(0xb677e000, 253156)              = 0
> munmap(0xb6731000, 313700)              = 0
> munmap(0xb64a1000, 406576)              = 0
> munmap(0xb6470000, 200416)              = 0
> munmap(0xb6465000, 41020)               = 0
> munmap(0xb6418000, 312336)              = 0
> munmap(0xb63cf000, 295656)              = 0
> munmap(0xb63bf000, 61628)               = 0
> munmap(0xb63a8000, 91976)               = 0
> munmap(0xb634c000, 376128)              = 0
> munmap(0xb62b0000, 634892)              = 0
> munmap(0xb6282000, 184332)              = 0
> munmap(0xb622b000, 352356)              = 0
> munmap(0xb621a000, 68648)               = 0
> munmap(0xb5f49000, 1573892)             = 0
> munmap(0xb66b4000, 404972)              = 0
> munmap(0xb5e86000, 797648)              = 0
> munmap(0xb6505000, 1762536)             = 0
> munmap(0xb5e4b000, 237764)              = 0
> munmap(0xb60ca000, 1374740)             = 0
> munmap(0xb5dc5000, 548812)              = 0
> munmap(0xb5dc0000, 16396)               = 0
> munmap(0xb715a000, 12400)               = 0
> munmap(0xb715e000, 16480)               = 0
> munmap(0xb7163000, 12432)               = 0
> munmap(0xb7167000, 16480)               = 0
> munmap(0xb716c000, 16480)               = 0
> munmap(0xb7171000, 65664)               = 0
> munmap(0xb7182000, 36960)               = 0
> munmap(0xb718c000, 25008)               = 0
> munmap(0xb7193000, 20580)               = 0
> munmap(0xb7199000, 12396)               = 0
> munmap(0xb719d000, 28992)               = 0
> munmap(0xb71a5000, 45164)               = 0
> munmap(0xb71b1000, 20584)               = 0
> munmap(0xb71b7000, 16480)               = 0
> munmap(0xb71bc000, 24676)               = 0
> munmap(0xb71c3000, 12384)               = 0
> munmap(0xb71e1000, 12384)               = 0
> munmap(0xb71e5000, 12384)               = 0
> munmap(0xb71e9000, 24672)               = 0
> munmap(0xb71c7000, 90184)               = 0
> munmap(0xb71f0000, 32908)               = 0
> munmap(0xb71f9000, 24688)               = 0
> munmap(0xb7200000, 36964)               = 0
> munmap(0xb720a000, 8288)                = 0
> munmap(0xb720d000, 12384)               = 0
> munmap(0xb7211000, 12388)               = 0
> munmap(0xb7215000, 12384)               = 0
> munmap(0xb7219000, 8288)                = 0
> munmap(0xb721c000, 12384)               = 0
> munmap(0xb7220000, 12384)               = 0
> munmap(0xb7224000, 8288)                = 0
> munmap(0xb7227000, 12384)               = 0
> munmap(0xb722b000, 8288)                = 0
> munmap(0xb722e000, 12384)               = 0
> munmap(0xb7232000, 12384)               = 0
> munmap(0xb76bf000, 16480)               = 0
> munmap(0xb76c4000, 12384)               = 0
> exit_group(1)                           = ?
> +++ exited with 1 +++
>
> ****
>
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Josh Narins <jnarins@seniorbridge.com>
> wrote:****
>
> I always like to start with strace and running the httpd in debug mode
> (one child) with –X.****
>
>  ****
>
> ** **
>
> *Josh Narins*
> Director of Application Development
> SeniorBridge****
>
> 845 Third Ave
> 7th Floor
> New York, NY 10022
> Tel: (212) 994-6194
> Fax: (212) 994-4260
> Mobile: (917) 488-6248
> jnarins@seniorbridge.com
> seniorbridge.com <http://www.seniorbridge.com/>
>
> [image: SeniorBridge]****
>
> ** **
> ------------------------------
>
> *SeniorBridge Statement of Confidentiality:* The contents of this email
> message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may
> contain confidential or privileged information. Any dissemination,
> distribution or copying of this email by an unintended or mistaken
> recipient is strictly prohibited. In said event, kindly reply to the sender
> and destroy all entries of this message and any attachments from your
> system. Thank you.****
>
> *From:* John Manko [mailto:john.manko@gmail.com]
> *Sent:* Monday, June 25, 2012 12:58 PM
> *To:* modperl@perl.apache.org
> *Subject:* mod_perl segfaults, can't start Apache****
>
>  ****
>
> mod_perl is failing with Apache, and I'm having trouble figuring out why.
> I'm running under Gentoo.
>
> mod_perl version 2.0.7
> apache version 2.2.22-r1, build with threads and worker MPM
> libperl version 5.10.1-r1
> perl version 5.16.0 with ithreads support
>
>
> # /etc/init.d/apache2 start
>  * Starting apache2 ...
>  * start-stop-daemon: failed to start `/usr/sbin/apache2'
>
> # dmesg
> apache2[12697]: segfault at c ip b5d4974a sp bffce4d0 error 4 in
> mod_perl.so[b5d24000+45000]
>
> Any ideas on what to look for to determine the problem?****
>
>
>
>
> --
> “If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of
> their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks...will
> deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on
> the continent their fathers conquered... The issuing power should be taken
> from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
> -- Thomas Jefferson****
>



-- 
“If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of
their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks...will
deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on
the continent their fathers conquered... The issuing power should be taken
from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-- Thomas Jefferson

Mime
View raw message