perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Rommel Sharma <rsharm...@sapient.com>
Subject RE: Intercepting and modifying response
Date Sat, 16 Jun 2012 13:22:05 GMT
Hi André,

Thanks for the reply. Details are below.

Before that would like to mention - I am new to mod_perl usage and the setup is only on my
dev machine where I am testing the scenario described.
Therefore  looking for the right directions from the experienced users in this group. Sample
code/reference to such would help very much.

> What is the connector module used between Apache httpd and JBOSS ? How is it configured
?
>(more explicitly, how in the Apache httpd configuration, do you specify which requests
 that have to be passed to JBOSS, an which not ?)

Using mod_jk setup. (JkMount).

> Define "adverse effects" ? mod_perl may allow you to modify the JBOSS response, if it
is possible to insert a mod_perl
> handler in the right place to modify the response coming from JBOSS, before it is returned
to the client.

By adverse effects I meant if I write a perl program that receives the response from the jboss
server, that does some pattern matching and replaces a few strings from each response will
it slow down the server significantly? Am I better off handling this in a servlet filter?

On mod_perl - some pointers to get started with such request intercepting will be great as
I have not worked with it before.

Many thanks well in advance for the much needed inputs!

Rommel.

 > I need to intercept and modify the response that is coming from JBOSS to the Apache
Web
(httpd) server and being returned to the client.

What is the connector module used between Apache httpd and JBOSS ? How is it configured ?
(more explicitly, how in the Apache httpd configuration, do you specify which requests
that have to be passed to JBOSS, an which not ?)

 > Planning to use perl to edit the response using mod_perl. Does mod_perl allow this with

no adverse effects?

Define "adverse effects" ?
mod_perl may allow you to modify the JBOSS reponse, if it is possible to insert a mod_perl

handler in the right place to modify the response coming from JBOSS, before it is returned

to the client.

If yes, then how do we go about it?

Maybe by remembering first that you are on a support list manned by volunteers, where
being gracious helps getting answers.